Michigan Summer Farm Bounty Salad
Recipe courtesy of
Chef James Kokenyesdi CEC® CCA® AAC, Michigan Chefs De Cuisine
Michigan (Cherry) Salad
- 3 cups mixed greens or romaine lettuce
- ½ cup red or gold current tomatoes
- ½ cup striped cucumber
- 1 slice red onion rings
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup Honey Crisp or your favorite Mi Apple, sliced matchstick
- ¼ cup cinnamon croutons
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced (rotisserie works well too!)
- 1/4 cup shredded Michigan cheese Feta, Farmers, or smoked Cheddar
- 1/2 cup toasted black walnuts
MICHIGAN CHERRY Vinaigrette
- 1 cup tart cherries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup of soybean oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey from local hive
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- pinch of Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh Epazote or 2 tablespoons of tarragon
Instructions for Vinaigrette
For the vinaigrette, place vinegars and cherries in container for several days to make a cherry vinegar. Once infused add vinegar to all ingredients. Use an immersion blender (or regular) and blend vinaigrette ingredients until smooth. Chill and serve.
In a medium bowl, combine mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber, toss with Dressing Garnish with apples, croutons, cherries, strawberries, and red onion rings.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2022 by the Michigan Ag Council