Meet Zack Snider, a young farmer who raises pigs, turkeys, corn and soybeans with his family in West Michigan. He talks with us about:
- The most surprising thing about him (spoiler: it’s not far from having a seasonal werewolf running around the house)
- The difference between male and female turkeys
- A skill he has had since perhaps before he could walk
- A remodel project he’s working on
- Neat technology he and his dad work with to do the best job they can
- Barns with names…that are relevant for a very important reason!
- Sounds his son makes and other fun things Sawyer is learning
- Setting the record straight about family business in animal agriculture
- Three people he might invite to [Thanksgiving] dinner
- Family holiday traditions
- Things he’s most thankful for in this life
Sites mentioned in this podcast:
- GreenStone FCS: https://www.greenstonefcs.com/resources/partners-magazine/2018/Fall-2018/10152018-rolling-with-the-changes
- Michigan Pork Producers Association: http://www.mipork.org/
- Michigan Turkey Producers, a co-op of 15 farmers: http://www.miturkey.com/
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2018 by the Michigan Ag Council