Michigan Agriculture Council
The Michigan Ag Council is an organization of commodity groups and agribusinesses working together to raise awareness of food and agriculture today. In Michigan, we enjoy 300+ great-tasting, high-quality fresh foods and products because more than 50,000 local families farm here.
We all benefit from Michigan farm families who take pride in perfecting the art and science of growing fresh, high-quality foods and products, year after year. Our partners work together to highlight Michigan commodities, agricultural practices and the diligent farm families who work every day to provide Michigan with safe, high quality foods and products.
Join Our Cause:
- Engage individuals with questions about food and farming
- Communicate the story of Michigan agriculture
- Raise awareness of and build trust in today’s food and agriculture
Michigan Ag Council social media policy:
- Keep comments relevant to the subject of the post. We expect that users are here for respectful conversation, not lecturing discussion. Respect the choices of others, including farmers and fellow consumers.
- We reserve the right to delete comments that are repetitive, considered offensive or that bully other page users.
- No tolerance of bad language.
- Comments believed to be spam will be deleted.
Michigan Ag Council guest blogger conduct policy:
- Guest bloggers to the “From the Farmer” blog or other related pages will refrain from writing with an angle of sales.
- The choices we have in today’s food system shall always be spoken of with high regard, and valuing one product over another is deemed inappropriate by the nature of who the organization represents.
- Sharing personal stories, recipes, photos and videos is the main purpose for establishing common ground with consumer and fellow agricultural readers.
- Guest bloggers will be encouraged to share their published work with personal networks for a wider reach and engagement of content. Writers will also be encouraged to personally respond to comments in a timely manner, something ultimately monitored by Council staff.
- Staff will be responsible for helping guide writers toward topics that will interest readers, and the thoughts expressed in the published content will be credited to the contributing writer. However, inaccurate information and information that cuts down another Michigan product or method used to provide Michigan products shall not be published.
Michigan Ag Council online staff conduct policy:
- Staff will listen to online conversations and identify when attention is required. If another partnering organization, farmer spokesperson or industry representative is a better lead on moderating comments, staff will be responsible for communicating with the appropriate parties.
- Engage other online users in a helpful, positive way. Always consider other “listeners” of online conversation, and be strategic in ignoring or deleting comments in accordance with the
- Michigan Ag Council social media policy.
The choices we have in today’s food system shall always be spoken of with high regard, and valuing one product over another is deemed inappropriate by the nature of who the organization represents.
- Personal staff opinions shall not be the “voice” of the Michigan Ag Council.
Last updated September 25, 2015
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2022 by the Michigan Ag Council