Juicy Delights: Savoring National Beef Burger Day with Mouthwatering Creations!
by Katie Serbinski, Michigan Beef Industry Commission
May is Beef Month in Michigan and the Michigan Beef Industry Commission is celebrating the impact of the beef community in our state. While sharing a commitment to raising cattle in a safe, humane, and environmentally sustainable way, farmers and ranchers contribute over half a billion dollars to Michigan’s economy each year from the sale of cattle. The result is delicious and nutritious beef you can feel good about serving your family and friends.
Grilling season is upon us in Michigan, and while your first thought for healthy grilling options might be fruits and vegetables, I challenge you to think beef. Beef burgers that is. A burger serves as a vehicle to add an array of vibrant vegetables, low fat cheese, and flavorful fruit to one of America’s favorite foods. Dressing up your burger is an opportunity to eat the foods we love, but in a more nutritious way! When grilling this summer, think about what nutrients you can add to your plate.
Nothing says summer quite like the smell and sound of real beef sizzling on the grill. There’s no better time to perfect the technique of grilling a juicy burger than now. We are sharing our best secrets, tips, and tricks for making the perfect restaurant-quality burger, from the juiciest patty you’ll sink your teeth into, to the best burger buns and burger sauces. Join fellow Michigan foodies along with beef industry grilling experts to jump-start your summer grilling resolutions. National Beef Burger Day, celebrated on May 28th, is all about honoring America’s favorite grilling protein – beef! Those looking for burger inspiration can find a variety of mouthwatering burger recipes at BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com.
The most popular burger recipes on the site include:
Hover Box Element
- Lean Mean Cheeseburger: The most searched for burger recipe on BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com, this burger will keep you feeling full and fit with 93 percent lean ground beef, oats, low fat cheese and a whole wheat bun.
- Classic Beef Cheeseburgers: A simple crowd pleaser sure to make even the pickiest of eaters happy at mealtime.
- Zesty Barbecue Cheeseburgers: This recipe kicks the classic burger up a notch with the addition of barbecue sauce.
- Deli Burgers: This burger recipe mixes things up with the addition of corned beef, mustard and swiss cheese on rye bread.
- Caribbean Beef Burgers with Mango Salsa: Spicy, sweet and oh-so-simple, this burger has a peppery boost from jerk seasoning, but finishes cool thanks to freshly chopped mango salsa.
- Maple-Bacon Beer Burger: Maple and beer team up to take this classic bacon cheeseburger to the next level.
While beef burgers are always a good idea, the Michigan Beef Industry Commission celebrates May 28th as National Beef Burger Day and hopes you’ll help us share these resources and recipes to ensure Michigan families enjoy delicious special occasions around the grill all summer long.
Learn more about the Michigan Beef Industry Commission by visiting mibeef.org