Black Bean and Corn Salad
Recipe provided by Michigan’s soybean farmers through the Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Black soybeans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup Chopped cilantro
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- juice from 1 lime (about 1 to 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine beans, corn, red pepper, red onions, green onions, jalapeno, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Make dressing with lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil; combine well.
- Pour over salad ingredients and toss lightly to combine. Chill several hours before serving.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2018 by the Michigan Ag Council