Did you know, Michigan ranks nationally in the production of this leafy green? Fresh Michigan cabbage is available from July to November and throughout the year in its processed forms.
Michigan cabbage facts:
- Michigan ranks ninth in the nation in the production of cabbage
- Michigan produces several varieties of cabbage in staggered harvests, producing a longer fresh cabbage season
- In 2016, Michigan farmers across the state produced 115.5 million pounds of cabbage worth $17 million
- Cabbage is low in saturated fat and cholesterol
- Cabbage is high in dietary fiber, vitamins C and K, folate, potassium, manganese, iron and magnesium
- One cup of raw cabbage contains 16 calories and 172 mg of potassium
For more information, visit the Michigan Vegetable Council
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2022 by the Michigan Ag Council