Michigan chicken, or broilers, are a lean and healthy source of protein grown by farmers throughout the state. Today, Michigan farmers raise approximately 6 million broilers.
Michigan chicken facts:
- Michigan currently produces approximately 6 million broilers (chickens bred and raised for meat production).
- Nearly all of Michigan’s chicken farms produce broilers for processing at Miller Poultry.
- Miller Poultry branded products can be found at many local grocery stores in Michigan. Visit the website for retailer locations at www.millerpoultry.com.
- Three ounces of chicken has about 25 grams of high-quality protein
- Chicken is a budget-friendly source of protein, costing an average of only $1.25 per pound based on national averages
- Chicken without the skin is naturally low in fat, with only 3 grams per three ounce cooked portion
- Chicken is a good source of iron
- Chicken is low in sodium
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2018 by the Michigan Ag Council