Recipe shared by Michigan farmer Brenda Reau, who is also the Senior Associate Director of MSU Product Center & an MSU Extension Business Management Educator
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Several potatoes, cubed
- 15 oz. can of pork & beans (the runny kind)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Several slices of bacon
- Mix all ingredients except bacon and place in a greased baking dish.
- Top with the slices of the raw bacon. As it cooks, the bacon drippings go down into the casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 1.5 hours until potatoes are tender and bacon is brown and crisp.
- If you do not have molasses, just leave it out and add an extra tablespoon of brown sugar. Leftovers reheat well.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2021 by the Michigan Ag Council