Senior Associate Director of MSU Product Center, MSU Extension Business Management Educator, and Michigan farmer Brenda Reau
- 1 pound ground beef browned and drained
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- Several potatoes cubed
- 15 oz can of pork & beans (the runny kind)
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Several slices of bacon
- Mix all ingredients except bacon and place in a greased baking dish.
- Top with the slices of the raw bacon. As it cooks, the bacon drippings go down into the casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 1.5 hours until potatoes are tender and bacon is brown and crisp.
- If you do not have molasses, just leave it out and add an extra tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Leftovers reheat well.