Whether atop a salad or deliciously salty in the pickle jar, Michigan cucumbers are a crowd favorite. While fresh Michigan cucumbers are available in July, August, and September, they can be purchased throughout the year. in their processed form (pickles!).
Click the button to download our fact sheet and find out when you can find the freshest locally grown products!
Michigan Cucumber Facts
- In 2016, Michigan produced 68 million pounds of fresh cucumbers, totaling $15 million in sales
- Michigan ranks first in the nation for the production of cucumbers for pickling, totaling 236,700 tons with a value of $47 million
- Want to learn more about cucumbers? Download our fact sheet here
- Fresh cucumbers are a very good source of vitamins A and C and the mineral molybdenum
- Cucumbers are rich in potassium, manganese, folate, dietary fiber and magnesium
For more information, visit the Michigan Vegetable Council