Whether atop a salad or deliciously salty in the pickle jar, Michigan cucumbers are a crowd favorite. Fresh Michigan cucumbers are available in July, August, and September, and in their processed form (pickles!), they can be purchased throughout the year.
Michigan cucumber facts:
- The majority of Michigan cucumbers are produced in the southwest corner counties of the state
- There are four other Michigan counties that help with the production volume
- In 2009, Michigan produced 96.8 million pounds of fresh cucumbers, totaling $18.5 million in sales
- Michigan ranks 1st in the nation for the production of cucumbers for pickling
- Michigan ranks 4th in the nation for fresh market cucumbers
- Fresh cucumbers are a very good source of vitamins A and C and the mineral molybdenum
- Cucumbers are rich in potassium, manganese, folate, dietary fiber and magnesium
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council