Pair this recipe with barbecue ribs and collard green & ham hock egg rolls from Jimmy Lee Hill, Executive Chef at Saffron Café in Lakeland Correctional Facility. The recipe was prepared for the Taste of Elegance Competition hosted by Michigan Pork Producers Association at the Michigan Restaurant Show. Chef Hill earned the People’s Choice Award for his creations.
- 1/4 Head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Turnip (Julienne)
- 1 Stripped beet (Julienne)
- 1 Orange (peeled and segmented)
- 1/4 cup Dry cranberries
- 1/8 cup Toasted pecans
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Mix all coleslaw base ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together. Add dressing to base mixture, toss to incorporate.
- Sauté all ingredients of candied pecans together. Sprinkle candied pecans over coleslaw.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2018 by the Michigan Ag Council