Michigan boasts a vast array of floriculture that comes to bloom throughout the summer months. Greenhouses throughout Michigan are home to a beautiful variety Michigan flowers, including hanging baskets, potted plants flats, cuttings and seed.
Michigan Floriculture facts:
- Michigan leads the nation in the value of sales for six floriculture crops including impatiens, begonia, geraniums, petunias, Easter lilies and potted hostas
- The wholesale value of Michigan’s floriculture totaled $467million, behind only California and Florida
- There are 569 floriculture producers in Michigan
- Michigan ranks third in the nation in the production of floriculture products
- Michigan placed second in the production of propagated materials ($77 million) and second in herbaceous perennial plants ($69 million)
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2021 by the Michigan Ag Council