Kale Tortilla Chips with Cherry Salsa
Sweet Heat Street Beef Tacos and Kale Tortilla Chips with Cherry Salsa recipes from Bailley McConnell, Lauren MacDonald and Sara Peltier. The team prepared the recipe for the Michigan State University Extension/Isabella County Farm Bureau Teen “Chopped” Competition at the Isabella Community Soup Kitchen on November 4, 2017. The team earned the “Most Creative” award for their creation.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 bunch Kale
- 1/2 tsp Olive oil
- 3 Tbs Flour
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove kale from the thick stem; wash thoroughly and remove excess water. Place in food processor until finely chopped.
- Add olive oil, salt, and pepper; combine further in food processor.
- Place chopped kale in bowl and combine with flour.
- Place kale mixture on sprayed parchment paper. Cover with sprayed wax paper. Roll until thin.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on cookie sheet and cook for 15 minutes; remove from oven and cut into triangle shapes; return to oven.
- Continue to bake until crispy (reduce heat if needed).
- 1/2 cup Dried cherries
- 2 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Red onion
- 1 cup Fresh cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 1/8 tsp Chili powder
- 1/8 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Cumin
- Place cherries and vinegar in a microwave sale bowl; microwave on high for 1 – 1 1/2 minutes.
- Peel red onion; cut in half.
- Clean cilantro and remove excess water.
- Place cherries, onion, cilantro, juice from half of the lime and spices in food processor; combine until desired consistency.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council