Kale Tortilla Chips with Cherry Salsa
From Bailley McConnell, Lauren MacDonald and Sara Peltier
- 1 bunch Kale
- ½ tsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- Pam cooking spray
- ½ cup Dried cherries
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Red onion
- 1 cup Fresh cilantro
- 1 Lime
- ⅛ tsp Chili powder
- ⅛ tsp Garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp Cumin
- Preheat oven to 320°F.
- Remove kale from the thick stem; wash thoroughly and remove excess water.
- Place in food processor until finely chopped.
- Add olive oil, salt, and pepper; combine further in food processor.
- Place chopped kale in bowl and combine with flour.
- Place kale mixture on sprayed parchment paper.
- Cover with sprayed wax paper.
- Roll until thin.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on cookie sheet and cook for 15 minutes;
- remove from oven and cut into triangle shapes;
- return to oven.
- Continue to bake until crispy (reduce heat if needed).
- Place cherries and vinegar in a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave on high for 1 – 1 1/2 minutes.
- Peel red onion; cut in half.
- Clean cilantro and remove excess water.
- Place cherries, onion, cilantro, juice from half of the lime and spices in food processor
- Combine until desired consistency
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.