Michigan cherry syrup
Recipe courtesy of Chef James Kokenyesdi CEC® CCA® AAC, Michigan Chefs De Cuisine
- 1 lb tart cherries fresh or frozen pitted and halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Combine 1 cup sugar, ¼ cup water and lemon juice to a pot over medium heat.
- Add cherries and allow it to remain on medium until lightly boiling.
- In a small cup, make a slurry by combining 1/4 cup water with the cornstarch.
- Add to the syrup and cook for 10 additional minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once desired consistency is reached, remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Store in fridge in an airtight container.