Michigan Fall Harvest Salad
Recipe courtesy of Chef James Kokenyesdi CEC® CCA® AAC, Michigan Chefs De Cuisine
- 3 cups spinach or mixed greens
- 2 cups beet, butternut squash, celery root, carrots spiral cut or Julienne
- 1 slice red onion rings
- Rough Chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar glazed walnuts
Cranberry-Apple Orange Relish
- 12 oz fresh Michigan Cranberries
- 1/2 orange
- 1 Michigan Tart Apple
- 1/2 cup Pioneer Sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Celery Seed Dressing
- 1 cup Pioneer Sugar
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tsp Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Apple Cider vinegar
- 2 cups soybean oil
- Put cranberries, orange, Apple, and cinnamon in a food processor, pulse until desired size
- Slowly add sugar until desired sweetness is attained.
Instructions for Dressing
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, celery seeds, salt, mayonnaise, garlic and Dijon mustard.
- Whisk in the vinegar, mixing well.
- Slowly add oil, whisking constantly, until emulsified.
- (For the smoothest results, Use immersion blender.) Chill and serve.
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced (rotisserie works well too!)
- 1/4 cup shredded Michigan cheese Feta, Farmers, or smoked Cheddar