Morel Mushroom Soup
Chef James Kokenyesdi - Michigan Chefs De Cuisine
- 4 oz butter
- 4 cups onions chopped
- 2 lbs fresh Morels sliced
- 4 tsp dried dill weed
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and corn starch together.
- Pour milk slurry into the soup and stir well to blend.
- Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Serve immediately.