No-bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake Mousse
Adapted from Barefeet In The Kitchen
- 16 ounces Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Caramel sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Light brown sugar
- Mix together the pretzels, brown sugar and butter. Set aside.
- Cream together the cream cheese and the sugar until smooth. Slowly add the cream, mixing until well combined. Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla. Set out 4-6 small jars and scoop 2-3 tablespoons of the pretzel mixture into each jar. Press the crumbs down to form the bottom crust. You’ll want to use about 2/3 of the crumb mixture for the bottom layers.
- Scoop about half of the cheesecake filling into each jar and spread it across the crumb layer. Drizzle a tablespoon or so of caramel over the filling and then scoop another layer of cheesecake on top of the caramel. Top with another drizzle of caramel and sprinkle with the remaining pretzel crumbs. Chill for an hour or overnight before serving with the no-bake caramel pretzel cookies.
No-bake Caramel Pretzel Cookies
Adapted from Little Dairy on the Prairie
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 2/3 Heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 5.1 oz. pkg Instant butterscotch pudding (if you can’t fine this size use a 3.4 oz)
- 3 cups Quick oats
- 1/2 cup Crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup Caramel chips
- Bring sugar, butter, heavy cream and cocoa powder to a rolling boil over medium heat. Stir frequently for 1 ½ minutes.
- Remove from heat and add oats, dry pudding, and pretzels. Let sit for a few minutes until it cools a little bit.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Add caramel chips to cookie mixture. Gently stir being careful to not over stir or else the chips will be totally incorporated.
- Drop cookie scoopfuls onto wax paper.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes before serving with no-bake salted caramel cheesecake mousse.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council