Oat and Jam Cookie Bars
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup Quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 10 oz.All-fruit raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 2/3 cup Light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Soybean oil
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease 8 x 12-inch baking pan.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda in large bowl. Gradually add oil to oat mixture, tossing lightly, until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup for topping; set aside.
- Press remaining oat mixture evenly into the bottom of prepared pan. Spread jam evenly over mixture in pan, leaving 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over preserves.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 18, 2 x 2-inch bars. Store at room temperature in airtight container.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council