Another valuable orchard fruit, ripe, juicy peaches are a tasty treat with rich Michigan history. While fresh Michigan peaches are available from early July to mid-September, processed Michigan peaches are available throughout the year.
Click the button to download our fact sheet and find out when you can find the freshest locally grown products!
Michigan Peach Facts
- Michigan produces more than 21.2 million pounds of peaches valued at more than $9.2 million
- Most Michigan peaches are grown in the west central to southwest corner, close to Lake Michigan
- Peaches are also grown in the east along Lake St. Clair and in the northwest Grand Rapids area
- The Red Haven Peach, popular throughout the U.S., was introduced in 1940 in South Haven, Michigan
- New Michigan varieties, like the southwest Michigan Flamin’ Fury and Stellar peach series are gaining popularity
- Peaches contain a modest amount of calories
- Peaches are a good source of potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C
- They are low in sodium and contain no saturated fat
- Peaches are a healthy alternative to sweet treats after a meal