Pioneer® Sugar Drop Cookies
A simple and tasty sugar cookie. A very popular treat for many. Visitors have even suggested adding lemon, almond or any of your favorite flavorings into the mix to give it a little something extra. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of our partner, Michigan Sugar Company
Servings: 5 1/2 dozen
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 ½ C flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ C butter
- ½ C shortening
- 1 C Pioneer® Sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 T milk
- Pioneer® Sugar
- Before preparing to make these cookies, take out all cold ingredients and bring up to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening, Pioneer® Sugar and vanilla. Add egg and mix until fluffy.
- Stir in dry ingredients until mixture is smooth. Blend in milk.
- Drop by tablespoonful’s onto prepared sheet. Flatten with bottom of glass which has been dipped in Pioneer® Sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool and enjoy.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2018 by the Michigan Ag Council