Do you know where your baked potato came from? Or that bag of potato chips? How about Michigan!
Michigan grows both table potatoes and Michigan potatoes for processing.
Click the button to download our fact sheet and find out when you can find the freshest locally grown products!
Michigan Potato Facts
- Michigan is the nation’s leading producer of potatoes for potato chip processing
- Potatoes are Michigan’s second leading produce commodity
- Nearly 1.82 billion pounds of potatoes are harvested annually in Michigan, generating $182.4 million in sales
- Montcalm is the single largest potato production county in Michigan
- Potatoes are fat-free, rich in potassium and an excellent source of fiber
- Potatoes contain half of the daily requirement of vitamin C