Do you know where your baked potato came from? Or that bag of potato chips? How about Michigan!
Michigan grows both table potatoes and Michigan potatoes for processing. Fresh Michigan potatoes are available from August to November, while they are available in their processed form virtually all year.
Michigan Potato facts:
- Michigan is the nation’s leading producer of potatoes for potato chip processing
- Potatoes are Michigan’s second leading produce commodity
- Nearly 1.82 billion pounds of potatoes are harvested annually in Michigan, generating $182.4 million in sales
- Montcalm is the single largest potato production county in Michigan
- Potatoes are fat-free, rich in potassium and an excellent source of fiber
- Potatoes contain half of the daily requirement of vitamin C
To learn more visit the Michigan Potato Industry Commission.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2021 by the Michigan Ag Council