Rice Balls Appetizer
This rice balls appetizer recipe, paired with beef tips in carrot tacos, is from Meghan Schutt, Paige Schutt and Natalie Seeburger. The team prepared the recipe for the Michigan State University Extension/Isabella County Farm Bureau Teen “Chopped” Competition at the Isabella Community Soup Kitchen on November 4, 2017. The team earned the “Best Presentation” award for their creation.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ Cups Brown Rice
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Feta Cheese
- Squeeze of Fresh lime
- 3 Tbsp. Minced Onions
- 5 Tbsp. Minced Carrots
- ½ cup Dried cherries
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 Egg yolk
- A pinch of salt & cracked pepper
- Cook brown rice and set aside to cool
- Mix together all ingredients into a bowl and put back in walk-in to cool
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Form golf ball size and put them on a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Bake for 15 minutes
- On second pan place foil bottom pan and put down kale pieces to bake alongside to create kale chips
- Plate up on top of kale chips and drizzle addition cherry sauce from main dish, and sprinkle ground pepper to accent plate
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council