Stone Fruit Cobbler
Chef Jeremy Abbey & Chef John T. Piazza - Detroit Institute of Gastronomy
- 2½ lbs stone fruit diced (peaches, nectarines, plums, cherries)
- 4 oz beet sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 12 oz all-purpose flour
- 6 oz beet sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 oz butte cold and cut into pieces
- 4-5 oz buttermilk
- Coarse sugar as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F
- Mix the fruit with the sugar and corn starch.
- Place in a 9 inch by 11 inch baking dish (or any size vessel that fits).
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Add the butter.
- Mix the butter with the dry ingredients until pea sized granules appear.
- Stir in the buttermilk until a thick batter is formed.
- Spoon the batter over the fruit.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve at room temperature.