Looking for the freshest and tastiest Michigan strawberries this season? Look for Michigan strawberries in-store or find them where they’re largely produced, in Berrien, Leelanau and Van Buren counties.
Click the button to download our fact sheet and find out when you can find the freshest locally grown products!
Michigan Strawberry Facts
- Michigan grows strawberries for both fresh and processed uses
- In 2009, Michigan produced 43,000 tons of fresh strawberries and 3,000 tons of processed strawberries, generating $6.6 million
- Most of the fresh Michigan strawberries were picked by consumers at “u-pick” operations around the state
- Want to learn more about strawberries? Download our fact sheet here.
- Strawberries contain 80 percent of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C
- They are an excellent source of potassium, which can help control blood pressure and fight strokes
- They are an excellent source of fiber, which help reduce total cholesterol levels