Some of the best recipes call for zesty and flavorful tomatoes, whether fresh or in the form of sauces, canned goods and more.
Click the button to download our fact sheet and find out when you can find the freshest locally grown products!
Michigan Tomato Facts
- Michigan grows tomatoes for both fresh eating and processed uses
- Michigan ranks seventh in the nation in the production of fresh market tomatoes
- Michigan produces 132,600 tons of tomatoes for processing and 60 million pounds of tomatoes for fresh market
- The total value for processed and fresh Michigan tomatoes is $35.5 million
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamins C and A
- They are high in the antioxidant lycopene
- Tomatoes are low in sodium, saturated fat and cholesterol
- Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin E (alpha tocopherol), thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, magnesium, phosphorous, copper, dietary fiber, vitamin K, potassium and manganese