Recipe written for the Michigan Bean Commission by Chef/owner Frank Zamarripa of Latitudes Roadhouse in Howard City, Michigan
- 2 cups White beans simmered in vegetable stock until past al dente
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 2 tablespoons Roasted garlic (reserve oil garlic was roasted in)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Juice of a half of a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- Strain beans of cooking liquid.
- Mix all ingredients, reserving 1 tablespoon of the roasted garlic, in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with served roasted garlic and oil garlic was roasted in.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2019 by the Michigan Ag Council