Pair this recipe with curried coleslaw and collard green & ham hock egg rolls from Jimmy Lee Hill, Executive Chef at Saffron Café in Lakeland Correctional Facility. The recipe was prepared for the Taste of Elegance Competition hosted by Michigan Pork Producers Association at the Michigan Restaurant Show. Chef Hill earned the People’s Choice Award for his creations.
- 4 lbs Pork spare ribs
- 1 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon & 3/4 teaspoon Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 dash Hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon & 1/2 teaspoon Steak sauce
- 1 clove Minced garlic
- Grill the ribs until done. (Click here for a pork cooking temperature guide)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In medium saucepan, combine ketchup, sugar, lime juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, steak sauce and garlic, and blend well. Cook the sauce over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes. (Please note that the above ingredients are all to-taste).
- Cut the ribs between the bones and place in a baking pan. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add sauce to meat when you remove the ribs from the oven.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council