This cauliflower tortilla taco recipe with autumn berry hot sauce and delightful cheese sauce comes from Abigail Wilson, Emily Wilson, Elizabeth Ratkos and Miriam Kepner. The team prepared the recipe for the Michigan State University Extension/Isabella County Farm Bureau Teen “Chopped” on November 3, 2018. The team earned the best presentation award for their creation.
Ingredients: taco shells
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients: taco filling
- 1 pound Pork loin
- 4 teaspoons Chili powder
- 3 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon each: Paprika, crushed red pepper, salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each: Garlic powder, onion powder, pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
Ingredients: Cheese sauce
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Fresh oregano
Ingredients: hot sauce
- 3 tablespoon Autumn berry jam
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder
- Blend cauliflower in food processor. Microwave for two minutes. Squeeze out remaining liquid in a cheesecloth.
- Mix with rest of ingredient list for taco shells except 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Fry on a skillet in oil until golden brown.
- Melt butter in a pot on the stove.
- Pour in whipping cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Shred cheese. Add cheese to simmering pot.
- Stirring constantly, simmer 15 minutes or until thickened to desired texture.
Pork taco filling:
- Lather meat in spices.
- Cook meat in oil on stove till 145 degrees Fahrenheit in center.
- In a small saucepan, heat together jam, water, and spices. Put pork, hot sauce and cheese sauce in taco shells and use the oregano as a garnish to add color.
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2021 by the Michigan Ag Council