Michigan celery is available fresh from July through December, and this crunchy snack is as versatile as it is guilt-free.
Michigan celery facts:
- Michigan ranks second in the nation for celery production
- In 2018, Michigan harvested 110 million pounds of celery, generating $19.5 million
- Michigan celery production began in Kalamazoo
- Most of Michigan’s celery is grown in the southwest counties of the state
- Celery is a great source of vitamin C, potassium and dietary fiber
- Celery is low in calories and cholesterol
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS
SUBSCRIBE TO MICHIGAN EATS
Find recipes, expert advice and information on today’s hot topics in food. Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, MI Foodie News.
GET IN TOUCH
Michigan Ag Council
P.O. Box 30960
Lansing, MI 48909-8460
Interested in becoming a Michigan Ag Council partner?
Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
All Content Copyright © 2020 by the Michigan Ag Council