- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 inch cake pan with pan spray and line with parchment paper on bottom, and all the way around sides extending approx. 1 inch above pan.
- Heat cream cheese, milk and butter in a small sauce pot while whisking to combine.
- Remove from heat and let cool.In a mixing bowl whisk together egg yolk, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add cream cheese mixture and combine, then add flour and starch, whisk until smooth.
- In kitchen aid, combine egg whites, cream of tartar and whisk to medium peak, then add sugar and continue whisking to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold together egg white mixture with cream cheese mixture in thirds and be careful not to over mix.
- Pour mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- Place the cake pan in a larger baking pan and add water to the larger pan to approx 1 inch up the cake pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 250 degrees and continue to bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cake should be golden brown and have doubled in height.
- Let cool before removing from the pan carefully.